Friday, August 24, 2012

Finally, The Awning is Installed

It took Arch a long time to figure out how to do it but, finally, the new awning is in place. I am relieved as I had visions of us driving to the dealership to have the awning installed with it hanging out the passenger window.

First he had to find helpers. As usual, brother-in-law John (in stripped shirt) was the first to volunteer. And Stu from down the road (in the pink shirt), came to help as well. First, some discussion about what had to be done.Then they slid the awning into place on the Adventure Bus.
Then, more discussion:

And the arms go on.

Now it is time to roll the awning up and check that the tension is right.
Oh, oh. Something is not right
I was minding the shop and checking in between customers to take pictures while all this was going on. 
Just after I took this picture I walked by John and very quietly he said "I think we're screwed". Then I passed Arch, who had descended the ladder by then and he whispered "we really #*##*@ this up". I went back to tend the shop and stay out of the way.

When I came back about 10 minutes later Stu was gone and John and Arch were toasting a successful installation with bottles of water.
 Go figure!

2 comments:

  1. Now don't forget to have a slope toward one corner when you deploy the awning or else the rain will collect on it and then more $%^&#$@'ing. Been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the very valuable advice.

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.