Sunday, March 31, 2013

Real Southern Hospitality

During our 6-month trip in the US we met so many nice people it is impossible to tell you about them all. But the people in Alabama and Mississippi take the cake. So gracious, polite and kind. And nothing represents their southern hospitality better than the Mississippi Welcome Centre on Interstate 10 at the Alabama/Mississippi state line.

On the outside it looks like a gracious southern home:
And as you walk in the door you are greeted by you know who. Probably Mississippi's most famous son. He actually says hello and welcomes you:
And an Easter egg tree:
And each room is furnished with beautiful antique furniture (or maybe reproductions -I am no expert):


You are welcome to peruse the literature racks, tastefully integrated into each room, have a seat and read about the local area, check your emails or even watch television. All while enjoying a complimentary cup of tea or coffee.

And each room contained several displays representing Easter:
ceramic Easter eggs
The Easter Bunny's village
And of course the Easter Bunny
Happy Easter to all from Arch, Anne, Tara and Princess


You can follow more of our adventures on our facebook page
To contact me click here

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anne. I'm really enjoying reading about your trip and seeing and hearing about all the sites you're visiting and the people you are meeting. In case you missed my FB post, I started a blog about my genealogy search into my family tree. I'd love for you to take a look if you are interested. Here's the link: http://betsysfamilyroots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good blog Betsy. Let me know id I can help. I notice you didn't mention the name "Stavert" - I have a little info about them as well.

      Delete
  2. how nice what a place...we crossed there last year..and never knew it was there..next year we will be sure to stop...safe travels folks..

    ReplyDelete

Hi There. Thanks for visiting. I enjoy and appreciate your comments.